Stupid Kalifornia Low-Flow Kitchen Faucets - Peerless from Amazon

Well crap. Gotta rethink my Xmas list...

"Firearms Freedom." "We have always been at war with Eastasia."

Reply to
The Real Bev

$80 plus tax. Cheap. "Black" or "Stainelss steel" would have cost more. I doubt that spending several $hundred would get better performance, just better styling.

I've got a feeling a used one ("vintage") would cost even more and would probably be just like the one we replaced.

Reply to
The Real Bev

Been here for a long time. Worst thing that happened was a mess of bookshelves falling down. That was actually a good thing -- it was easier to box the books up and give them to the library than put them back on the shelves. The shelves are full again, of course...

You really can't worry about being killed in a quake. Well, you can, but it's a waste of time and effort.

I think the last time thing I voted for that passed was Proposition 13, and the bastards are trying to gut that.

Not likely. People are stupid no matter where they live. As long as a large number of people believe what celebrities tell them the rest of us are hosed.

Reply to
The Real Bev

They also occupy a certain amount of volume. If they buy a car the volume increased by a LOT. They also require housing. LOTS more volume. They require services. They stand in lines. They overwhelm our schools with children who can't speak English.

This results in crowding, among other problems. Unpleasant for people who don't want a lot of contact with other people, especially if it actually costs money.

Reply to
The Real Bev

I meant older than that, maybe from a house they are tearing down. I forget what they are called in the east but they have stores that sell parts from houses that were torn down, especially the pretty and ornate stuff but they have lots of other things too.

Or if you see a house being torn down, ask the demo guy.

I needed a new kitchen faucet because mine dripped and replacing the little things didn't stop that. (Washerless, but they don't tell you the other things wear out just as fast.)

After I replaced several parts I called Delta and they sent me a kit for free. It included the ball so I replaced that. Nothing worked.

I went to one store and rather than drive to the next store, I walked to Home Depot and in the drainage gully between the two parking lots, in the grass, I found a kitchen faucet, while I was on my way to go buy one. It looked pretty good, so I temporarily gave up plans to buy one, and I went home. There I realized it was suppose to have a spray hose with it, so the next day I went back and there in the grass was the spray hose. The grass was 5" tall and I missed it.

It works well. It's about the same as what I had but doesn't leak.

I can go check that gully if you want.

Reply to
micky

$$Restoration Hardware$$ deals in stuff like that. It's a real bitch finding ANY wall-mounted normal kitchen faucet :-(

Probably wrong. The wall-mount faucet is a single unit.

Long ago I discovered that my new-used Ducati's Dell'orto carb had a serious leak due to some ham-fisted jerk squeezing it from a circle to an oval. A lot of teflon plumber's tape and gasoline-proof silicone goo fixed the problem, but god help me if I ever wanted to take it apart again -- which I did because it was running a little rich.

We were going to yard sales every week then. At one, pristine and unused in a box, was the exact model Dell'orto I needed for $15.00.

Then I needed to get a smaller main jet, which I couldn't find locally. EXCEPT for a guy ("We don't have any, but give this guy a call...") in a neighboring town that forbade any commercial activity except in a one-mile strip along a main highway. You can't even give PIANO LESSONS. The guy had very nearly a full Italian motorcycle dealership (parts only; if you wanted a new bike he had to order it) in his home, garage, and his grandma's house next door. I still think that's wonderful.

Reply to
The Real Bev