Stupid Kalifornia Low-Flow Kitchen Faucets - Peerless from Amazon

That's better than the trigger lock button on some drill motors. If you're left handed and the bit grabs the drill motor's rotation tends to apply the lock.

Reply to
rbowman

I had not thought of that, but seems many safety devices are made mainly for right hand people. I have a circular saw that has a button to press for it to let the trigger be pushed.

Really bas idea is some guns and where their safety is. Some are behind the trigger,so the lefty reaches past the trigger to let off the safety and his finger is pressing on the trigger, so it fires right then ready of not.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

The DIY fix for an overreaching Federal government ain't going to be pretty.

Reply to
rbowman

Screw the DemBots. This whole state is working itself up to a molon labe mood. Our governor said if using scientific data and a reasonable approach to public health regulations is Neanderthal, he's proud to be one.

There are some limitations imposed by our Firearms Freedom Act. Smokeless powder weaponry must have a bore diameter of less than 1.5" and must be man portable and no crew served weapons.

The Feds have said it's invalid but they haven't pressed the issue. The state also said it wasn't going to do RealID and the Feds kept giving us extensions we didn't ask for to save face. The state finally compromised and you can pay extra to get a gold star on your DL. That was to get around a state law against implementing RealID.

Reply to
rbowman

I have one like that, Troy Built with a Honda engine. Fortunately it starts easy. I do have a Velcro strap on the handle that I tie down the shut off bail. I really don't use it much but it is the only thing that I can get up on FPL with. It will go up the Ed Labrador Memorial bridge.

Reply to
gfretwell

The only thing I use those cans to fill is yard stuff . The biggest tank is on The Rusty Tractor and it's only like 3-4 gallons . Whoever designed these containers had some experience pouring gas out of a can .

Reply to
Snag

Maybe you can get a used one. I know you spend all this money and your husband's time to get a new shiny one.

Anyone know wher the restriction is. Is the actual nozzle pipe smaller or maybe do use a restriccting aerator, or is it in the base of the faucet or where the spout attaches to the base. What about buying in a foreing country.

IIRC, a great American said, "They're bringing plumbing supplies, electrical supplies, and I suppose some are good people". Maybe he can give you a lead. Or maybe you can take dimensions and go to Mexico directly if they dont' have that rule there. (I have no idea.)

When I moved in here 38 years ago, the shower didn't put out ENOUGH water, and somehow I had a different spout so I changed it. I take mostly baths, so I want my showers to be good. Baths use even more water, but I don't take many. I'm rather dirty but it's my way of helping the environment. I plan to put the original spout back on when I move. (In Brooklyn I figured out how to tape up the drain so I could fill the tub up 1.5 more inches. I did remember to undo that before I left, 10 years later.)

Reply to
micky

Yes, maybe if the hole is smaller than the hole in the old one, you and just drill in 3/8 or 1/2 inch and get rid of it. Don't drill through the top.

Or better yet, don't listen to me or I'll drill your house down.

This one is not nearly as good as the titel implies, except the tip sort of implies there is more than one restrictive level of the screen.

"Most water-saving aerators also contain a disk that restricts the water from the faucet. Others have a variable-control device, often an O ring that flattens under water pressure to reduce flow. Under low pressure, the ring keeps its normal size, providing a compensating higher flow.Jul

17, 1994:
faucets are also available. Many have an aerator, but some have flow regulators. One of those is a modified solid stream called laminar flow, which increases wetting like an aerated stream but is less noisy and produces less splash. [I don't know what this means and it doesn't say.]

This is pro-conseration but maybe you can work backwards.

Ths one is good
chihuahua, you may not need to go to Mehico.

Reply to
micky

In Chicago on Lake Shore Drive at the 90^ turn near Navy Pier for years there was a full-size billboard that had a drawing and it said, "Let him skip his bath tonight. A public service for little boys"

I get a lot of encouragement from that.

Aha, I remembered the text exactly. The sign was something like this:

was from 1964 N. Carolina, and I had a car in Chicago from 67 to

70.
Reply to
micky

Not that I'm in the habit of ingesting water from the hot-water tank, but what's to prevent someone from hooking one of those up to the hot-water supply?

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
angelica...

Nothing really except hot water is more likely to leach lead out of your old copper piping (before lead solder was banned in the code).

Reply to
gfretwell

California has a major outflow of residence who are no longer happy with the state laws and high taxes but more so, the current governor. Most are moving to Arizona where taxes are half and the state is more lenient. These are smart people who will possibly save their own lives when the major quake takes down half the state.

Reply to
Hawk

This article claims Californians are mostly just moving from one part of the state to another.

Dean Hoffman

The article admits 20% of the people who moved left the state and that is not an insignificant number but, as in most statistics, how were these numbers gathered? Is it just by population and if so how many high paid working people left to be replaced by illegals working for cash or legal immigrants working at close to minimum wage?

Reply to
gfretwell

They are also the same people who voted for all the politicians and propositions in California that created the problem they are escaping from and will do so again in their new home.

Reply to
Arthur Conan Doyle

When they saw how messed up California is maybe they will not vote for the same things in another state.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

"Each illegal immigrant creates 1.2 jobs"

ECON 0858 Position statement 1 -

--

bruce bowser

That's what I read somewhere. Bastards. Nothing is so trivial that they can't f*ck it up.

Whole unit (aerator and restrictor) screws directly into the spigot -- remove it and there's nothing but the casting. ID is roughly the same as my ring finger (#9). Hands roughly a men's medium glove.

Flow isn't that much more and you lose 2 ounces of water with each use. The intent of replacing the old one was to stop the drips that began roughly 2 weeks after replacing the washers :-(

Reply to
The Real Bev

The Powers That Be have minions to fill coffeepots for them. Those people probably have worse things to do and regard extra time spent filling water containers as very close to a perk!

Reply to
The Real Bev

I saw those. Our ancient cheap house has a wall-mounted fixture with 8" between the hot pipe and the cold pipe. Not a lot of options...

I would guess that people rarely replace faucets. The POS we replaced has been there since 1948 or 1949.

Next time we go to Tijuana for dental work I want to find a hardware/plumbing store.

Reply to
The Real Bev