Stupid Kalifornia Low-Flow Kitchen Faucets - Peerless from Amazon

Thanks for your help, John, it's much appreciated. I myself have offered similar assistance to others, with equivalent gratitude.

I corresponded with Peerless customer support for a while. He seemed to think that if I ordered from Texas I would get a different faucet, but wouldn't tell me the stock number. If this is a national requirement, the bastard was clearly lying to me.

Dave Barry had a thing about a gang of vicious Canadian toilet smugglers.

Reply to
The Real Bev

They've re-engineered cars to meet California's whims..

I ordered some magazine from a company in California, both 10 round and

16 round models. The 10's were shipped from LA, the 16's from Las Vegas. Apparently they have a Nevada warehouse for the good stuff.
Reply to
rbowman

I really want Kalifornia to have far less influence over national policy. Inmates running the asylum, etc. You non-Kalifornians think it's bad? It's WAY WORSE from inside!

Took the aerator entirely off. Minor improvement in flow, but significant loss of the water contained in the high-arch spigot which I thought would be better than the normal horizontal one. The aerator keeps that from happening (magic?) so I put it back.

It's really annoying how many on-line 'help' functions seem to blame clogs in the line rather than the deliberate restriction.

Reply to
The Real Bev

Equivalent button on electric hedge-trimmers. I wedged a little piece of wood into <something> to keep it pushed. Damn thing is sufficiently exhausting to use without having to hold it in a special way.

Regulators really have no idea about how the stuff they regulate works. No, that's wrong -- they probably understand but just have priorities other than the interests of their subjects.

Reply to
The Real Bev

If only we and our friends and relatives had pooled our money back in the 60s and bought a compound somewhere outside California. There would have been problems, of course...

I hope you used an alias here. The DemBots apparently work quite well...

Reply to
The Real Bev

My grandson bought some nifty showerheads at Sharper Image when he worked there. The did some magical thing that blasted out water but used very little. Saved water with no downside. I wish they'd taken them when they moved...

Reply to
The Real Bev

I doubt that most of the regulators even use most of the stuff they regulate. How many of the congress actually mow their own grass or do much around their own house ? Bet things would change for the better if the congress people would have to do the up keep of the White house and state congress buildings.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery
[snippeth]

One of the great things Michael Moore did (yeah, I know there are plenty of ugly ones...) was that he had a show called, umm, something or another.

One of the segments was his "corporate challenge".

He'd pull up in front of a CEO's (or other Big Boss's) home and challenge... the boss to actually work with one of his company's products - basically to show that he knew what the company actually made and did.

In one episode, he was in a Ford exec's driveway, and the guy said, "sure", came out, and changed the oil.

And that, children, is why Ford didn't go bankrupt back in 2008.

Reply to
danny burstein

Thread prompted me to go to the basement and look at a Moen cartridge and it would be tough to enlarge holes. My well pump tank was registering 50 but I think it goes 10 lb higher although it goes lower before pump kicks back on.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

One of my pet peeves is that technology should not be regulated by government and left to the marketplace.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Yikes .. if your Feds get this involved in your lives - California isn't really the problem ! Hope you find a DIY fix. I'd start with the aerator and look for some restrictor that the aerator screws into .. John T.

Reply to
hubops

Filling a pot takes a given amount of water and you want it done quickly. Taking a shower is less about volume, more about design to make it feel good and rinse well.

Some years ago our town gave out low flow shower heads. It used about half the water and was hesitant but figured I'd give it a try. Wow, it felt much better than the old one and save water and the fuel to heat it.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I unplugged the reverse switch. This Toro would shut off the engine if you tried to back up with the PTO (blades) engaged. That didn't last long. I also unplugged the head lights that were always on when the mower was running. I am not mowing in the dark. I have enough trouble keeping the battery charged without a chance of leaving the lights on.

Reply to
gfretwell

We were in California several years ago. A lot of places we were had the water locked up

Then when we got to Squaw Valley we found this.
They were not flow restricted heads either.

Reply to
gfretwell

When I put in the valve for our master bath shower I used a "tub" valve that is not flow restricted and drilled out the hole in the shower head. The shower cartridges have a 3GPM sized hole. (about

1/8th inch)
Reply to
gfretwell

As they found out a couple weeks ago, Texas is not part of the US.

Reply to
gfretwell

I doubt any of the mandated features still exist on the Echos and Grass Hoppers the landscape guys use. I know I have never seen a weed eater with the plastic guards still on it and I know they can walk away from a running mower without it shutting off.

Reply to
gfretwell

I bet Nancy's shower is not 2 GPM and I doubt she has driven in 20 years. She has a 757 of her own (provided by the tax payers) to fly back and forth from SFO in. What the hell does she are?

Reply to
gfretwell

They do sell "pot filler" faucets that are not flow restricted but cold water only from what I have seen. My BIL put one in his house.

Reply to
gfretwell

I just bought a new John Deere x590 lawn tractor. Get off the seat and the engine stops unless you put on the parking brake. Bounce up on the seat while mowing and engine will stop. If you go in reverse with the blades going, engine cuts off unless you press a special button, I jumpered that one out. I bet the landscape guys remove most of the safety devices. Home owner mower blades are limited to less speed than the commercial ones. The home owner version does not move very fast either compaired to the comercial ones.

Son bought a push mower about 5 years ago . That thing has some sort of choke you set, then have to jump behind the handle very quick before it opens and pull the rope that is made so you have to be behind the handle to pull it. Only one set speed for the blades. This was not an inexpensive one either. It listed for around $ 300.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery