Strange odor when 1st turning on water

See if plastic flex supply lines were used to connect the faucet. It's possible that they could outgas some odor when the water is standing.

Longshot,,,

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

I have a strange problem in that when I run first run my bathroom sink there is an odor that comes from it. However it's not the water as that taste fine, plus it does not happen on other sinks or the tub. It seems to only happen during the first minute or so and then it;s OK. Any ideas of what to do.

Thanks in advance John

Reply to
jwv

Is the smell coming from the tap or the drain?

Reply to
Andy Sullivan

Check the trap under the sink. make sure it does not have a leak that causes it to go dry. you may be smelling sewer gas displaced by the initial flow of water. Is there any oder before you turn on the sink.

Is the odor organic or chemical like? Try running the water with the drain closed. do you still smell it. This test should help discriminate if it is from the water or the drain.

Reply to
PipeDown