Stove That Doesn't Vent to Outside

On Mon 12 Sep 2005 04:01:13p, FE wrote in alt.home.repair:

This bit of information helps. With a second story above, obviously the duct for the vent cannot simply run up through the ceiling and out the roof. With a low ceiling in the kitchen, although the simplicity of running a duct in false beam is appealing, the appearance probably would not be. The ease and cost of installation is going to be highly dependent on whether the ceiling/floor joists above run parallel or perpendicular going to the outside wall where the outside vent would be placed. Being able to run a duct between two joists where there would be few or no obstructions would not be that difficult to do.

I'm in Apache Junction... The housing market is insane here! We now have a house in escrow after a long and difficult search.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

Unless there's a conveniently placed closet on the second floor and you can run the vent up thru that.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Daly