Storm door

What is the diff between surface mount and recessed mount?

Reply to
Thomas

One mounts on face of trim molding, other mounts between the moldings See

and

Anonymous

Thanks. The images are too burly. The one I want will screw into the frame outside, screws into the front looking at the door. The storm door currently On the house measures 79x35.1 quarter Is that a 36x80 door?

79x35.25 is my door only not counting any frame.
Reply to
Thomas

The same as any other fixture such as a lamp fixture. Surface mount is on the surface of the wall, recess mount is recessed into the wall.

Reply to
Hawk

Anonymous

What i measure is door, not frame included, not opening either. The door itself is 35.25 by 79. Does what they call 36 x 80 fit? I cannot go true 80. I installed the current door years ago. 20 ish yrs.

I get conflicting actual door sizes researching, some say actual smaller, some bigger. Looking at Gatehouse geneva and gibraltar.

Reply to
Thomas

Bigger won't fit the opening. They are designed for some adjustment

Ed Pawlowski