Storing Gasoline in the House

I was told that storing gasoline inside the house is dangerous. I have no place to keep it outdoors, so I must keep it inside the house. I spoke to a guy who worked for the volunteer fire department many years ago. He said that if the gas is indoors, keep the can inside a metal container. I looked around the house and found the only fully metal container I have is the oven on the kitchen stove. I put the gas can in there. The 5 gallon plastic can just barely fits in the oven. I feel much safer now.

Well, I better go help the wife, she's preparing to bake Christmas cookies.

Later

Reply to
beerhunter

Doesn't even score a half-point on the troll-O-meter. Don't quit yer day job :-)

Reply to
Dave Bugg

Hmmm, On less than dog's IQ.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

put in metal trash can outdoors, or any trash can outdoors.

at least the fire wouldnt be inside

Reply to
hallerb

Sounds like a plan. Get yr homeowners policy out of the safe and go chill in the doghouse for a spell. Tell your fireman friend not to worry about the smoke; it's just your wifey's cooking. More than one way to get out from under that subprime mortgage.

Reply to
Sev

ay job

But it won't _be_ inside a few seconds after it starts.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K