I've made a few threads about having my deck rebuilt, and the issues
that have come along with the contractor. I have to admit, though,
that at this point, the work is looking pretty darn good... as long as
I stand over the contractor the whole time and not let him get away
Anyway, today's issue has to do with a decision the contractor made
that I'm not even sure was legal.
Apparently, I had a nest of yellow jackets inside of my wall, behind a
GFI outlet, which he stirred up this morning. He tried spraying them
with wasp spray, and when that didn't kill them he decided to pour
gasoline into the hole.
Now, I have concerns with the smell that's overpowering the house, the
fire risk with electric wires, the risk of damage to the subfloor that
the gas has to be sitting on, etc.
It rained pretty hard today and I hoped it would wash the gas out, but
it smells stronger now than ever before. What exactly do I do to get
the gasoline out of the wall?? Or at least, get the smell out?