Looking for suggestions to remove stump of recently cut Fichus tree. Stump
is approx. 18 inches in diameter and rising six inches out of the ground. It
has many large 5 to 6 inch roots.
I have started with adding Stump Remover chemical but would like to hear
other methods. Thanks,
Depending on where you live / where the stump is located take this
option seriously. Dynamite's only problem is that it is good, quick,
and cheap which means that it is illegal in many areas.
Hope this helps,
From experience this is the best method without hiring out for a stump
grinder which is the best.
The biggest point is being able to expose the stump roots without digging
with a small shovel around the whole stump, grab a lawn chair and garden
1) Find a spot near the stump that is easy to dig a hole, between the roots.
Dig it a few feet down.
2) Remove all grass etc from around the rest of the stump.
3) Using a garden hose or pressure washer wash the rest of the dirt into
your hole, once the hole is full dig it back out and continue to wash the
4) Once stump is clean chop the roots or use a chain saw.
5) Cross drill some large holes into the stump so that you can see through
6) Remove the top and bottom from a steel coffee can, Place the coffee can
on top of the stump with some charcoal and light it.
7) If you like also start a fire under the stump that you have just cleaned.
8) should be gone very quick.
HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.