Did I install floor wrong???

I installed a laminate floor over concrete, and there is thick padding between the floor and the concrete. I assumed the guy at Menards knew what he was talking about when he told me the padding would act as a vapor barrier. Should I have put a layer of plastic between the padding and the floor? I have a problem with small gaps appearing between pieces of the floor. Thanks.

Reply to
J. Cameron Davis

Never listen to the guy at Menards. Read the installation instructions.

Reply to
Art

There are pads that also act as the vapor barrier. If you put the right stuff down, you are OK. What does the manufacturer recommend?

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski