Laminate floor vapour barrier

Hi, I'm just putting in a wooden laminate floor over concrete (ground floor) and was a concerned about a damp proof membrane. I've taped a sheet of plastic to the concrete for a day or two and there is some rising damp. I've been told by separate sources that it's fine, and I can just use a standard plastic vapour barrier between the concrete and the laminate, and that it's not fine, and I need to coat the floor in polyurethene three times before laying the vapour barrier. If anyone could shed any light I'd most appreciate it! Thank you. Sam

Reply to
spwbarton

" snipped-for-privacy@googlemail.com" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@a75g2000cwd.googlegroups.com:

We had the same issue - laminate on concrete gound floor in a Victorian house - someone recommended a special underlay but sorry I can't remember its name - it's blue with ripples on one side and must go a certain side up and taped together with special tape. The people who put down the laminate said they wouldn't guarantee it though but two years on and all seems fine but of course we can't see what's lurking underneath. But the laminate is so cheap it hardly matters.

E.

Reply to
eastender