Stimulus Check

About three c'notes. Now, how to spend it. Ideas, anyone?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Fill your gas tank? Buy a week's groceries?

RicodJour

On Thu 10 Jul 2008 09:51:35p, RicodJour told us...

We paid bills with ours, $600 each for the two of us.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

Dont spend it, invest it, let it make you money for a change :-) Eric

Reply to
Eric

Mine went to the oil bill.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Saved ours to pay next winter's bills for heating oil. Seriously.

Reply to
Frank

On Fri, 11 Jul 2008 06:00:28 -0400, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote Re Re: Stimulus Check:

And from there to the Arabs :=(

Reply to
Caesar Romano

I'm deciding between a luxury yacht or my prescription medicines or food.

Reply to
sanity

So did mine.

You aren't kidding. I spent $60 to fill the van yesterday. Ouch!

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

That sounds wise. Good idea.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

You remember some decades ago. The big expression was "heat or eat". Senior citizens didn't get enough tax payer dollars from Social Insecurity. They found some old lady and set her up in a studio with a can of dog food.

You're the modern version "Yacht or eat".

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Much of my oh-so-stimulating $139.46 bought me another actual made-in-USA dive light (UK C8 eLED). The rest went to other odds and ends.

Reply to
Pete C.

Yes. Donate to the Republican party so they can work to put more people in power who will circumvent the constitution and erode the rights of Americans.

Second idea: spend it quickly while the $300 is still worth $100.

Reply to
franz fripplfrappl

My $600 went to paying estimated (3-month) Federal Income taxes. Why can't they just lower taxes? It's an endless cycle, no wonder this country is in the tank.

Reply to
Phisherman

I guess the government has some people fooled thinking the Stimulus Check is really a "gift" when it's really their own money. Donate to the Libertarian Party for less government.

Reply to
Phisherman

Or you can give it to the Democrats who will do the same thing, but with other sections of the constitution. The only major differences between the parties are the parts of the constitution they think we can do with out.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Stimulus Check?! Probably the stupidest piece of legislation in recent history. Makes the "Bridge to Nowhere" in Alaska look enlightened.

Do I sound bitter for not getting one? Not at all...

Reply to
jack

how to spend it. Ideas, anyone?

My kids didn't get them either. They make too much money. Fortunately I'm retired.

I thought it was a stupid idea too. I've lived through stagflation and with these type programs, expect to face it again.

Reply to
Frank

Or they could just pay their bills.

Reply to