Steel Lintels

How big a job is it, hours required, to replace Steel Lintels apx 3 ft wide on a brick building. Ive gotten a price of 500 a lintel.

Reply to
m Ransley

Is it around a door or window or just an opening? Make sure it is long enuf and correct thickness and flashed and at least primed. Usually a good mason is going to charge at least half a day no matter what. Plus he has to saw out old brick with diamond blade. It sounds high. But he also has to order the lentil and that involves driving time. I would think $300 in NC market but if he has reversed full day for complications, $500 might be right if he is good and reliable.

Reply to
Art

Be sure to order dry lentils. I tried to do this job with soaked lentils and it didn't work well at all.

No comment

Reply to
mm

Most masons will tell you that if the masonry above the opening goes, too bad for you. On the positive note, I had to get about 30 openings done because none were flashed and we did not loose a single brick.

Reply to
Art