Stayin' Warm

Thanks for the 'splanation !

Reply to
Snag

Anytime!

If you want to know what Lake Effect Snow and/or a Ground Blizzard is, just ask. ;-)

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Interesting, but he did not explain how it is affected by winchill

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

My fav is a combo of ground bliz coupled with a white-out in the middle of a desert while trying to navigate down a hillside. Hmm, I don't recall any cliffs this way...ooo, that sounded bad. :-)

Reply to
SteveF

When there's winchill it falls sideways. Snow ends up in drifts. rain makes you wet on one side, freesing rain coats one side of your car, and hail breaks windows and dents siding instead of damaging roofs.

Reply to
clare

Walter Winchill?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Good lord, what an idiot! They void the warranties because it's a well known problem.

*THEY* kill batteries. It was not a single starter that killed a battery. It's is a common problem with them. *I* had that experience, as well. You *really* are stupid.

Good Lord, you're an idiot.

The typical argument of the lying lefty; IKWYABWAI. You must be another of Malformed's sockpuppets. How does his hand up your ass feel?

Reply to
krw

The fact that you appear to actually believe the crap you write would be funny if it wasn't so pitiful.

You are arguing against a point that I never made. "They void the warranties because it's a well known problem."

Show me one post where I brought up the warranty issue. If you want to play games with wording around "one" and "them", fine, because that is the one and only point I was making. However, bringing up an issue that I never even mentioned appears to be nothing more than a way to avoid the actual point be argued. I'll try one more time to see if you can actually stay on point. It's actually not much more than a Yes or No question:

In one thread, did you say ""We've had _one_. That was enough to cure me of that particular laziness" and then in another thread say "I've been burned by _them_ killing the battery."

Yes or no?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

And Buffalo, NY area has pictures to prove it.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I'd need to know that, if I'm deciding if I want to insullate the pipes that aren't wrapped. Or if I want to leave a faucet dripping.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

In a breazy old "redneck bungalow" I'd be putting a heat chaser cable on all the "exposed" pipes and wraping them with fiberglass pipe-wrap.

Reply to
clare

You're lying again. But that's the limit of lefties' capabilities.

Lefties are illiterate, too.

Reply to
krw

Wrong. How the droplets form (liquid/solid - condensation/sublimation) depends on the temperature in the cloud.

Nope. If the water-ice forms by sublimation and it's below freezing all the way down; snow.

Nope. If the water forms by condensation or ice (snow) by sublimation) and is warmer than freezing as it falls; rain.

When the rain, by whatever means, falls into a temperature inversion and the ground temperature is below freezing; "freezing rain".

Nope. When the water rain (by either condensation or sublimation than thaw) (re)freezes on the way down; sleet.

Again, no need to start out as snow. Water rain works just as well.

Reply to
krw

"All precipitation starts out as ice or snow crystals at cloud level. When this frozen precipitation falls into a layer of sufficiently warmer air (with temperatures above freezing) it melts into rain. If this warm air extends all the way to the surface of the earth, rain will fall at ground level."

You can read the rest for yourself...I think.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

...major snippage occurred...

Your honor, will you please instruct this idiot of a witness to answer the question? His continual refusal to answer a simple Yes or No question is proof that he just can't admit when he's wrong.

Oh well, it's not like he's hiding anything. His inability to be honest about his shortcomings is obvious to everyone present.

I rest my case...but I'm sure he's not quite done yet.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Wrong, of course. Summer rains are not frozen, anywhere.

Reply to
krw

gee, hail is just a figment of peoples imagination?

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

it's not that he can't admit when he's wrong, it's just that the limbaughnista playbook forbids it

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

Gee, Malformed is too damned stupid to learn how to read. Who wudda figured! What a moron!

Reply to
krw

Under these circumstances, the air close to the ground is colder than the air aloft. Rain can fall through the colder air.

Snow forms under specific conditions, which aren't present at

29 F on the ground.

The air aloft is colder than the air near the ground. The snow falls quickly enough that it doesn't entirely melt on its way down.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton