Stay away from American Home Shield

Note the date ^

Reply to
philo

American Home Screwed?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

bother, no, I missed that. has the service improved since then?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Is that really an emergency? I went weeks before I bought another water heater and weeks more before I put it in.

Just fill the sink and let it sit for a while till it's room temperature and then it's warm enough to wash oneself with.

It also helps to build strength of heart for when we've all run out of oil, gas, and electricity.

Reply to
micky

Oh crap! That dang Obamacare website is now affecting Usenet servers! o_O

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Aggghhh! Does not work. I can't reach my armpits with my dick. []'s

Reply to
Shadow

Or perhaps NSA activity is overloading the internet?

Reply to
NotMe

We are going through the same thing at the moment. We have had them for 6 years . The contractors are horrible or they do not show up for the job. They gave me someone for my dryer and when I called to make an appt the company was out of business! This has been the worst and biggest waste of money.

Reply to
Help us AHS

No surprise there. I just saw someone recommending that all sellers on Ebay should buy shipping insurance. I never have. The rates are high, they pay for the actual claims that they decide to cover, plus all their overhead and profit. USPS for example, it costs

5% for items $50 and below, goes down to 2% for a $500 item. The post office isn't losing 5% or even 2% of their shipments. Plus just like with a home warranty contract, you're at their mercy, as to whether they will pay off or not. If it arrives broken, seems they want proof that it was packed extremely well and the box totally crushed, otherwise they say it wasn't packed right and deny it. Plus you need the buyer to cooperate with the claim, take good pictures, etc and good luck with that.

Bottom line is that the things that you can afford to self insure you're better off doing that.

Reply to
trader_4

Same here they have covered nothing cist a lot plus you pay over 100 service fee for someone useless to come out and tell you NOTHING IS COVERED EVEN WITH THEIR COVERS EVDRTTHING PLAN SUE SUE SUE THESE FILTHY THIEVES THERE IS A CLASS ACTION AGAINST THEM JOIN. IT plz

Reply to
Cathryne in NC

There are currently 3 class action suits against AMERICAN HOME SHIELD I ENCOURAGE ALL TO SIGN UP YOU WONT GET MUCH BUT WE WILL HAVE THE SATISFACTION OF RUNNING THESE GRIFTERS OUT OF BUSINESS AND SAVING COUNTLESS OTHERS

Reply to
Cathryne

Stay away from EVERY THIRD PARTY HOME WARRANTEE COMPANY. They are ALL crooks, looking for rubes to fleece.

Reply to
Clare Snyder