stand pipe for automatic washing machine

I was told to discharge washer into a stand pipe. What is a stand pipe? Thanks for your time.

Reply to
Desiglass

Hi,

A drain pipe hooked into the house drain instead of useing a sink.

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

Is there such a thing as a "manual washing machine"?

Reply to
Tim Fischer

Yes.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Well then I'm glad he clarified, because I'm sure everyone would have been confused otherwise.

-Tim

Reply to
Tim Fischer