Stainless Fasteners: Where in Buy?

Hi:

I am looking for a source of STAINLESS fasteners. I want to hold down some

2x4 pieces in a "pattern" on a small deck project.

I would prefer a good sized (15ga) "finish" nail or something with a small head with a good length (2-1/4 to 2-1/2"). I also would buy an air operated tool to do the hard work.

Any sources or recommendations?

Thank you.

Reply to
John Gilmer

Yes and No.

Yes, they are relatively nearby. BUT I just don't see stainless fasteners in bulk quantities. Plenty of glavanized and "bright coat" but no stainless.

Reply to
John Gilmer

Any good fastener store today will have stainless nails for nail guns. The best choice is to find one nearby because of shipping costs. Years ago I bought them from McFeeleys when they were one of the first to offer stainless collated nails. Today they are a commodity component.

RB

John Gilmer wrote:

Reply to
RB

HD carries "deck screws" in stainless, with square bit heads... you can drive them fine with a drill... look for them where they have the dry wall screws in bulk.

If you don't like those, look for "fasteners" in the yellow pages... they usually sell by the 1,000s though...

Reply to
Jeff Klein

i get all my stainless steel hardware screws, etc. at Ace Hardware store... i tried home depot and they have some, but you cannot get any help there so with me i just go to ace and the guy there goes and picks it out and shows me what he has and it is not as expensive as i was led to believe..... alot cheaper then i thought it was gonna be...

Reply to
jim