stacking two large and small socket wrenches

Tried a heat gun on my two shower faucets, got hot enough to ignite a tiny bit of something in the wall. No flames but it glowed for 20 seconds. Hot enough that the socket warmed up within a minute of applying to the work, but still won't budge. Whacked cross bar with a hammer a few times, no improvement.

Almost ready to quit, but after it cooled sprayed some more PB Blaster on them. Now CAN'T find the socket. No telling when it will turn up.

This is metric and none are big enough, 1-1/32", but still gives rise to a question:

We recommend stacking two large and small socket wrenches When twisting a sturdy object.

What does this mean? How would one stack two sockets?

metric and not big enough, says the same thing.

Reply to
micky

A propane torch will deliver a lot more heat to where it's needed. Those pipes will conduct the heat away. Draining the water will help.

No idea. I could see using one as a handle to help lengthen the handle and turn it, but that's not stacking. Stacking sounds like putting one inside the other, if it fits, I don't see where that helps.

Reply to
trader_4

Turns out a partial roll of toilet paper was sitting on the counter, and there wasn't too much empty space for the socket, so for some reason I stood it up in the middle of the tp roll and then couldn't find it.

I was afraid of setting the wall on fire. I guess you think that's unlikely.

The water was drained.

Strangely, it's dripping a lot less since I tried to take it apart than it did 4 days ago. But I doubt that will last. I'll try again in a couple days.

Maybe it sounds different in Chinese.

Reply to
micky

Those sockets look very thin. They may mean to use the smaller socket that fits the nut and then putting a larger socket over the one on the nut for extra strength (thicker wall of the socket). If you have a deep wall socket that will fit the nut that is much thicker you would not need to 'stack' them.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Okay.

Reply to