Squeaky air conditioner

We have a small Amana AC in the window, and it has begun to squeak. The squeak reminds me of a bad belt in the car; it is not too fast, and it comes and goes. It squeaks whether or not the condenser is running, and it speeds up/slows down with the fan.

Can anyone diagnose?

Thanks.

BC

Reply to
BCDrums

Fan motor is on the way out. You can check the price at

but it may be just as cheap to buy a new unit. Some can be lubricated, most cannot. If you can buy the motor cheap and do the work yourself, go for it. If you must pay to have it serviced, probably not with the expense.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Atlanta area Sam's Clubs selling GE 5150 (approx) BTU window unit ACs for $83...

Reply to
Felony Bob

Damn! Unit is not that old. Thanks, though!

Reply to
BCDrums