Squeaking Maytag DE712 Dryer

My Maytag DE712 cloths dryer started squeaking pretty bad. Actually, sometimes it's quiet, but other times it's terrible. I know I need to change out the drum rollers. Any tips, etc. on starting this job? Like, how do you get to the back rollers? I know the front comes off easily and the top tilts up from the front and is clipped on the rear. Any heads up would be appreciated.

Thanks, Art

Reply to
Art Todesco

Repairclinic.com is one place to go for parts and advice.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

Take the air plenum off, remove the belt, lift out the drum, remove the snap rings on the roller shafts and pull off the rollers.

Reply to
gfretwell

Don't forget to draw a picture of how the belt gets routed!

Reply to
gfretwell

Better yet---take pictures as you do the disassembly

Reply to
MLD

There are some plastic pads that the drum rotates against on the front side of the dryer. Inspect them. If the pads have worn down to the metal, that's the source of the squeak, then replace the pads.

Reply to
news

You may be able to buy some time, lube the rollers. Silicone spray is good. Doesn't collect dust.

Be sure to lay on your side, on the floor, and look how the drum belt goes, before you take it off. It's particular how it goes back.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon