Sprinkler head leak

I replaced one of my sprinkler head and my problem is that water constantly leaks from the head even when it is not spraying. I tried cleaning around the threads, etc and screw it back on but the leak does not stop. Is it a faulty head, or something I am doing wrong?

Reply to
rajashree.natarajan

Two possibilities that I can think of - the head in question is the last one on the zone, downhill from others, and water drains from the pipe after it is shut off. o/w, I'm trying to remember...dirt in the solenoid in the valve, or just a bad solenoid? So long ago, hard to remember, and I was just the helper holding tools whilst hubby was down in the hole :o)

Reply to
Norminn

Is this a fire control sprinkler or a plant watering sprinkler?

Reply to
mm

Depends where it's leaking from. If it's the thread/nipple connection, use some Teflon tape and see if it fixes it.

RicodJour

Lawn right?

A constant leak will make me look at the zone control valve, the rubber diaphragm(sp) will become rigid/brittle/debris and not seal properly.

The downhill sprinkler head will leak the water. If this zone works; otherwise, I suggest is may not be a solenoid (replace cracked ones).

Buy a kit for the control valve, but I tend to cut them out for replacement.

-- Oren

Oren

I'm talking lawn system here, but if the zone control valve turns off the zone should not constantly have water for a leak... :)

-- Oren

Oren

Sounds like the control valve is leaking. I have had be as simple as a grain of sand stuck in the diaphram of the control valve. But a good idea to have a repair kit available anyway. Simple to replace if the valve is easily accessible.

Reply to
Rich256