Spring forward

to the hardware store and get new batteries for your smoke and CO detectors..

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

We have had some nasty home fires around here lately. One article included interviews with fire chiefs and they recommended changing the batteries when you reset your clocks for DST. Your post reminded me of that.

Also, one article claimed that a survey revealed that only 1/2 of the units, randomly tested, worked!

Reply to
Charles Schuler

That is why I sent it. They changed the DST change to next Sun.

If you mean were without batteries, I wouldn't doubt that in the least..

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Newer models insist that a battery be installed or they won't attach to their mounting plate.

Reply to
HeyBub

True, but I met people who broke the arm right off. So they can put their wired smokes back up without the battery.

Glad now they come with a constant beep.

tom @

Just Joshin