source of 155 mil dia string for string trimmer?

I inherited a D R trimmer/mower which needs the strings replaced. Through a Yahoo search I found and downloaded the user manuals and parts list for it--they show be how to reload the string, but I do not have a local store that carries string that big around in my area(a small town). The mfg site/manuals does not give a source where to get it( it is not even listed as part of the parts-list!). I tried several worded searches for trimmer string, and did not find the right word combo to get what I need. Any suggestions?

Reply to
jhill

Mortimer Schnerd, RN

"jhill" wrote

Clark

Try using .130 or .105, or whatever big bore string you can find.

Or special order the right stuff at your local Ace hardware store:

Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob

Home Depot sells the .155 dia string, since they sell a trimmer on wheels that uses that size. (At least their Kerrville Texas location had the size)

Reply to
Lyle Meier

Thanks, Lyle, Home Depot in Killeen had it. Never thought to check there.

Thanks to everyone else who responded!

Reply to
Jerome Hill