Major Appliance Installer

Jay:

JK> I am shortly to become a "new" home owner, and what home would be a

Great! :) We'll probably be seeing you periodically around here!

JK> ended up buying an electric range from an out of state company because JK> it was recently discontinued and no local vendor could do it. While JK> they say their freight delivery will include delivery inside my home,

Hopefully "delivery as described" but if not what about looking in the newspaper's services' section. Locally it is at the bottom third of the first page of the classifieds.

JK> Any advice? And for those DIY responses, listen, the range weighs JK> more than I do, and try as I'd like, I don't have 3 thick necked JK> friends I can con over with a case of beer.

Let's see, you descibed yourself as "dorky" so the range is an 18" no-frills apartment one.... Some of the problem with moving appliances isn't the weight but the bulk and getting a handhold. An appliance dolly (2-wheeler) may be helpful (useful for moving heavy trash cans, bags of landscape rock, etc.). Just remember the bottom of the range may not be solid so be careful with placement of the dolly.

  • New Show on PCTV: Mayberry CPU
Reply to
barry martin