sony 32 in tv model kv-32s12 blows 2 transistors after approx 2 min.

sony model : kv-32s12

transistors : Q601 and Q602

original transistor number(oem) : 2SC4834N

cross reference trans. number: NTE2582

after the original transistors blew ( cases blown apart and a short between base -emitter ). I replaced them with NTE2582 and checked all components within that section to be good. reassembled tv and powered up. The tv operated correctly and transitors ran cool to the touch for approx. 2 min. then the transitors blew without warning. once again I rechecked all components, resistors caps diodes to be good.

Reply to
major

If everything in the relevant circuits is good, then there is no problem and the set is working fine.

BB

Reply to
BinaryBillTheSailor

Jerk!

Anyway, where are these transistors in the circuit? In many cases, there are downstream circuits that can cause overloads. Right now I have a similar case in a high voltage sections of a single tube projector. The high voltage transistor blows. A new one will work for a few minutes and then die also. However, when I say work, the unit powers up, but the transistor goes so quickly (a few seconds) you really can't see if the unit is working. Right now I am thinking a short in the flyback. You have to think about other circuits. If, in the 2 minutes of working, everything is really working properly, and the transistors in question stay cool, then something must be changing to pull too much current, etc. And as you point out, a large current because the literally blow apart. Again, you must look at what the circuit it doing. You do have a schematic, right?

Reply to
Art Todesco

You call me a jerk, and then essentially give the exact same answer.

Bigger Jerk!

BB

Reply to
BinaryBillTheSailor