Soap pump not pumping

replying to Jen, Christopher Mitchell wrote: Ive had multiple failures on in-sink soap pumps. They've all had the same problem upon visual inspection..... There is rust coloration and debris in the base of the pumping unit. They stop pumping. Ill bet the the manufacturer got cheap springs that are not rust proof...... and thats the source. W-d40 or lubricants cant help with that except in the short run.
replying to Mike, carl in Framingham MA wrote: Magnificent!!!! That took about 5 minutes. I used white lithium tube grease packed into a disassembled pump and got it into the pump mechanism. cleaned it out with q-tips and got water through it with no tube yet. then went to the tube primed it with water and put it back in soap bottle and it worked like new! awesome.
replying to Mike, John wrote: Mike, your response was awesome. I tried this, and the pump actually works better than it did new, so it must have been sitting on the shelf a while and the rubber seals were already shrinking
replying to Mike, Mosey wrote: I spent a week trying the other solutions without luck. I happened to have a can of spray aluminum lubricant and gave it a try. I let it sit in the pump overnight and the next day it worked better than like new. I'm so thrilled, thanks.
replying to Mike, Valerie M wrote: Thank you Mike, for The Very Best Fix to the pump dispenser not working problem. I went to many sites and everyone suggested the soaking method, and when all else failed, throw it out and get a new one. Mike was the only one to suggest that the seals had hardened and how to test for it. Like Jen, I used WD-40, sprayed it up the tube, pumped it a few times to get rid of the WD-40 and now it works like a charm. Thank you Mike! You really do ROCK!
replying to Mike, sjk wrote: Mike, you are a genius. Working now. unfortunately screwing the bottle back in the plastic from the part in the counter broke at the bottle connection. Will need to see if superglue holds it back together. But it is working on the other dispenser. Thanks again
replying to Mike, Briana O wrote: Hi there - thanks for this tip! Just to clarify, do I remove the straw from the pump and spray lubricant up the bottom of the pump - or keep straw attached and spray up the straw? Thanks!
replying to Mike, Kelly Rickard wrote: I didn't have any actual petroleum lubricant on hand so...I tried Pam cooking spray. Guess what? IT ACTUALLY WORKED! Thank you Mike for the info and thank you to my redneck daddy for passing on some of that ingenuity! Lol