Snow-proof mailbox holder

As I've posted here before, my mailbox holder is surviving this winter with a crutch and splints due to the snowplows. Several of my neighbors have mailbox mounts that pivot up when the snowplow pushes the snow by the house. So, rather than standing up to the force of the snow being pushed by the plow, it swings & pivots away and then settles back to normal after the plow is gone. Unfortunately, the original owners have moved away and I can't locate anyone selling this kit.

A 6x6 post is sunk in the ground. The mailbox holder consists of a 2 inch diameter pipe, fastened to the post with two brackets. Visualize a pipe shaped like a #7 fastened to the post at about a 45 degree angle. Attached to the number 7 about midway down on the 7, a collar attaches and that is free to rotate around the vertical part of the 7. Attached to that is a 4x4 mounted horizontally. That 4x4 extends out and the mailbox is mounted to that, about 4 ft from the 6x6 post.

So when the plow pushes the snow, the entire 4x4 arm swings& pivots up at an angle (rather than standing firm to the snow force) and then just swings back down by gravity and settles into place. I've checked Menards, Home Depot and the local hardware stores but nobody carries this around here. Anybody have an idea where I could find this kit?

I hope you can visualize what I'm looking for from this convoluted description!

Thanks!

Reply to
JJ

Wow thx, I was in a discussion with someone, and the idea was brought up. I now can tell him where to find more info now.

Thank you,

tom @

Tom The Great