Sliding patio door

I have an exterior patio door on my home with 2 fixed glass panels and one slider in the middle. I need to remove the doors. I am able to take the middle slider out by lifting and tilting the door. The 2 fixed panels are a problem. There are 2 screws on the top and bottom of each door that when removed let the panel slide to the middle of the opening. However,the 2 screws screw into a block of wood that does not let me lift the door enough to remove the panel from its track. I do not know the make of the doors. Can anyone advise me how to remove the fixed panels from their tracks?

Reply to
tolbiny

Perhaps the reason that you were able to remove the center sliding door is because it was not adjusted properly in the first place. Most sliding glass doors have rollers at the bottom of the door that are adjusted by screwing in a phillips screw that pushes the roller down and in turn lifts the door high enough that it can *not* be lifted and removed without lowering the door with the screw first. The adjusting screw is located through a hole on the bottom edge of the door. This site has a number of different styles of roller tensioners ("Sliding Door Roller Assembly") that show the adjusting screw on the side(end). These roller assemblies are underneath the bottom of each door panel.

My guess is that the side doors were installed properly and have not been disturbed but the center door has had the rollers replaced at some time and then not readjusted so the door was able to be lifted out due to improper roller adjustment. Lowering the doors may enable you to remove the wood blocks, allowing more clearance.

There are many different styles of the bottom rollers so look at the bottom of the door you were able to remove for guidance.

Images of different styles

RLM