Simple DYI ? on single pole light switch

I have a dual switch box with two single pole switches controlling two different lights in two different areas in a room. With the single supply, what is the wiring diagram to connect the single source to two switches. (e.g. wirenut two short black wires to the supply and then connect the two short pieces to the "off" terminals on the two switches, connect the black light fixture wires to the respective "on" terminals on the switches, and wirenut all three white wires together.)

Thanks Jim Tinder

Reply to
Jim Tinder

Seems to me like you've got it dead on the money.

Though I haven't heard the two terminals on single pole switches referred to as "off" and "on" very often. AFAIK they're interchangeable, but somone please correct me if I'm wrong about that.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

I have a NO and FFO switch, but I'm not sure about the terminals.

Reply to
mm