Shortage of Auto mechanics

I'm not disagreein' .. the Missus & me had a low cost wedding ; our bargain honeymoon was 2 years later - not Tahiti - Florida. .. we both drove old wrecks ; .. but the mortgage was paid off in 7 - 8 years - at rates unheard of today max. 18 % ! min. 11 % .. our second home was paid for in cash $ 93,000.00 As we enjoyed our mortgage-free ; 1 income ; rusty Ford truck ; old Cutlas ; little-kid time, in that home - my wife would get just a little peeved at friends and neighbours who had careers and cottages and Volvos etc and expected my wife to provide free daycare on snow-days .. .. John T.

Reply to
hubops

I took a 8 computers, mine and neighbors' and thin-screen monitors to the recycling last year. Fortunately for me, the only one I could find was 3 miles away. He didn't want crts; they went to the dump.

Reply to
micky

not the mechanical aspect of the electro-mechanical device

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Likewize. Retired debt free and have stayed that way

Reply to
Clare Snyder

CRT's are made of leaded glass. Here, they have to go to an appropriate recycler.

Reply to
Bob F

When I interview people for a programming position I dig into how comfortable they are with figuring things out by themselves. While a good grounding in the basics is fine most of what they learned was obsolete before the ink on the sheepskin was dry.

Reply to
rbowman

I've got an old pair of Limmers for the real rough stuff. There's a reason they're sometimes called Limpers. The Danners are a lot lighter and good for most things. Then there is the pair of Rockys if you really want to put the boots to somebody.

Reply to
rbowman

EVERYTHING!

Reply to
micky

How are transistors going to stop a car? Their physical characteristics are not suitable for brake shoes.

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

*sigh*

I've been fully retired for more than a year, and I still wake up around

4 am. Slept in until 5:30 today, though.
Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

Everybody's different. Cheap shoes make my feet and knees hurt.

I retain my old shoes for yard work. Sometimes when I cake a lot of clay onto a pair, I'll just throw them away rather than clean them. There's another half-dozen in the closet waiting to take their place.

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

I don't know. They'll figure it out. Transistors are the wave of the future.

Reply to
micky

I guess it meant CRTs when the Goodwill put up a sign saying "no box TVs", but they could have said it better.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd
[snip]

Not really a lens, just a piece of clear plastic?

Reply to
Mark Lloyd
[snip]

I used to know someone who had one on those. IIRC, it was 65-inch. It wasn't a big as necessary for a 65-inch CRT, but it was still big. He collected DVDs.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

I wear Brooks Beast. Recommended by orthopedic doctor after plantar fasciitis. Last I wore dress shoes was about 5 years ago for a wedding.

Reply to
Ed P

I'm supposed to have nice leather shoes, but I used one foot to pull the shoe off the other foot and detached the sole. The first glue didn't work, so i should buy more, but I'm wearing sneakers to dressy places. I hope people don't look at my feet.

Reply to
micky

oh micky you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind

hey micky

hey micky

Reply to
%

it's guys like you, micky ooh what you do micky

Reply to
%

I haven't worn actual dress shoes (heels, since I'm a woman) in decades. The last few funerals and weddings I went to, I wore black oxfords. I think I'm done with funerals and weddings.

Heh. I wore Chinese flats at my first wedding and sandals at my second.

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton