Shartp carousel microwave computer dying

I have an over-the-range microwave oven, and its fancy graphical display (an LCD panel) has been progressivly getting worse and worse, flickering, then blank at times. If I turn it off for a while, then back on again its ok, for a little bit.

Any ideas? A new one is like $800 in the shops. Is it worth getting it repaired? Its about 5 years old, stainless steel job. Its out of warrantee I think.

Reply to
dean

An over-the-range MW can pick up cooking grease via the cooling fans for the controls. It's worth exploring the possibility of finding and cleaning up a common switch or whatever that might be intermittant from oily deposits. Even if nothing shows up, the folks at repairclinic.com can advise and supply parts for you to do any other repair. I'd bet you get it functional again for much less than a new one, so give it a go.

Joe

Reply to
Joe