Shake Flashlights are a Joke

Richard J Kinch wrote in news:Xns97C49FE313ED5someconundrum@216.196.97.131:

(but more complicated and expensive)

I saw one of those at KMart,it had 3 5mm LEDs,they wanted $20 for it. IMO,not a good deal.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Mark Lloyd wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Many of the tiny keychain lights use the battery's -internal resistance- to limit LED current.Some of those button cells cannot supply much current at all.(high internal resistance)

Reply to
Jim Yanik

The light I looked at recently had no electrical components other than a blue LED, 2 CR2032 batteries held between the leads, and a bit of springy material that kept the circuit open except when squeezed.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd