Self-stick vinyl tiles on wall

In HomeDepot, I saw there are a variety of vinyl flooring tiles with self-sticky adhesive on the back. We can just peel and press on. I wonder if they are suitable for use on bathroom wall around vanity. It's hard for me to DIY with ceramic tiles, but I think the vinyl tiles should be easy to handle, a few 12x12 pieces can cover around vanity. Need some advice.

Thanks.

John

Reply to
John61

Best to glue them down anyway, in addition to the glue that is on them.

I prefer to use a continuous sheet of vinyl in a bath area, because water can get in the grooves between the tiles and cause them to curl and fail.

JK

Reply to
Big_Jake

Some you must use a roller on it ,or the warranty is voided, Read the warranty, A roller breaks a 2 part epoxy glue to start working

Reply to
ransley

Do you mean shower area, or vanity sink area

Reply to
ransley

If the wall surfaces are well cleaned the tiles will stick very well. Don't be tempted to use another glue in addition to the glue that is on the tiles as they may or may not be compatible. I was the victim of such a practice and it litterally took years for the the two glues to cure to the point that they wouldn't move about and this was on a floor. I could have removed the tiles to get at the other glue but the solvents involved to remove the glue were such that I didn't want to risk the hazard presented and it would have rendered the house unliveable for quite a while.

Reply to
Worn Out Retread

Floor tiles on a wall?

Well, why not.

I remember carpeting the walls in a big-iron computer room (to cut down the noise). The carpet company thought we were nuts.

Worked swell.

Reply to
HeyBub

Do you mean shower area, or vanity sink area => Vanity sink area.

Reply to
John61

darcijj had written this in response to

: John, did you try this? I was thinking of doing this in the area around the bath tub. I laid a vinyl peel & stick floor in my mud room. To keep the tiles from coming up with the moisture, I put down a vinyl adhesive.. waited until it was tacky.. put down the tile and then caulked the seams.. I was thinking this would work around the bathtub too..

I have a window to go around and cutting around the fixtures would not be easy for me if I put in a tub surround...

anyway.. just curious if it worked or not..

D.

Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.home.repair - 307727 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
darcijj