Sears Washing machine fails to spin

I have a Series 90 Washing machine, Model # 269 026 906 91

It is less than 10 years old. Bought it when I was still a bachelor to wash my soccer referee uniforms, and the other odd items of clothing and bedding I needed to wash :-). Now, it's working (a lot harder) for a family of four. :-))

Last night after doing 2 loads without problems, it stopped spinning. Luckily, it was on the last rinse cycle :-)

When it failed, there was a bad smell as it stopped working All other functions work OK But no joy on the spin cycle.

Tried to see what happened when the lid was open and the lid switch was pushed in. When the switch clicks, you can hear the hum and a light on that circuit wil dim. But no movement.

I will spend the rest of the morning scanning previous posts But any advice on this will be appreciated

We still have 2 loads left over from the cabin and we average one load a night. I need to fix this ASAP or I'll soon have little kids running around naked and an irate spouse.

Reply to
<ThrowAwayAddress

Most likely there is a sock or some other thing in the pump. At worst, the motor is bad. good luck and let us know what you find.

Reply to
JoeA