screen repair

A section of screen in my screened porch has about a 3" hole in it. Is there a way to repair the hole without replacing the section of screen? Thanks.

Reply to
Dan-o

"Dan-o" wrote in news:h5qlc.199$ snipped-for-privacy@mencken.net.nih.gov:

Most hardware and Borg Home Depot, Lowe's etc...) carry repair kits for screens. They cost a couple of dollars and are fairly easy to use.

Chris

Reply to
Chris

Here's the way great grandpa did it: cut a piece of metal screen to overlap the hole an inch or so around. Strip two or three rows of the outer wires on all four sides. Bend all the protruding wire stubs 90 degrees. Press the patch over the hole and bend the stubs down on the inside to secure it. Spray paint the color of your choice and you're done. Total cost, $0.00, Easy, isn't it?

Joe.

Reply to
Joe Bobst

This is Turtle.

They have repair kits for this but everytime I've seen it done. It always looked Tackey afterwards by way of old screen and new screen. Now if your screen looks brand new, Well maybe so.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

yes, easy, but it still looks like $hit