ryobi pressure washer question

I was given a 2,000 PSI 1.2 GPM Ryobi Electric Pressure Washer from a neighbor. I've read many reviews that these are cheap junk, but acceptable for cleaning the driveway and siding of the house. One issue though: works in spurts. When I hold down trigger continuously, compressor comes on for 6 to 10 seconds, and water is powerful for that time, and then it switches off for maybe 2-3seconds (water is still powerful, but noticeably less), and then comes back on again full force. Rarely does it just stay on continuously. Garden hose source is on full blast, so I don't think it's a supply problem. I'm just not familiar with this behavior from a pressure washer. Anyone have similar situation, and if so, what was cause? Thanks Theodore

Reply to
millinghill

I was curious and see you can find a lot of discussion here from ratings questions and answers:

Frank