Pressure Washer

I'm looking at a pressure washer, Excell XR2600. The manual says I have to have a supply minium of 5gpm, and 20 psi. I am in the country with a well that supplys probably 4.9 tp 5.2 gpm, and the pressure sometimes goes down to 16 psi. Is a pressure washer out of the question for these conditions?

Thanks, Frank

Reply to
Frank Dennis

You have good flow , without flow GPM it will pulse on and off. I never tried one with low pressure though City water is 50 min., But minimums are what they are giving you for operation so id say probably not. But you wont know for sure till you try one. Cant you boost your pressure. But I don't really see how you can get 5gpm at 16 lb , maybe you have a bad pressure gauge.

Reply to
m Ransley

No problem. I have the same situation. I just bought a pressure washer 2 months ago and had the same questions. The well pump will easily supply adequate pressure and flow. Just don't have other water demands at the same time.

Reply to
Ron

If you are getting 5gpm out the hose I think you will find you are getting good presure , maybe 50 ?. It takes alot of pressure to move 5 gpm . There is a table somewhere that will state how many lb it takes to move 5 gpm out of a specific diameter. Or get a pressure gauge for your hose.

Reply to
m Ransley