Russia to evict NASA from the International Space Station in 2020 in retalition for US sanctions

Did you even know that Russia was launching some of your military satellites?

Well, you boxed yourselves into this mess, with a long series of bad decisions and mentally retarded foreign policies and bankrupted yourselves over Iraq and Afghanistan (falsely believing that with war comes a huge increase in domestic economic activity, jobs, tax revenue, etc).

It will be a supreme slap in your face when Russia starts taking Chinese astronauts to the ISS in your place.

======================

Mark Whittington of the Houston Space News Examiner reports that Russia to evict NASA from the International Space Station in 2020, as punishment for what Russia considers to be intrusive bullying by the United States imposing sanctions on Russia for its actions in Ukraine. As counter sanctions Russia will also end most other space cooperation with the U.S. including prohibiting our use of their advanced RD-180 and NK-33 rocket engines to launch military satellites, and closing down 16 of our GPS sites in Russian territory. Russia has not said under what conditions they would take us back up to the ISS until 2024 as was the original plan - for example, if we were to "apologize, end our sanctions, and tell them they could keep the Crimea,"

----------- The Obama administration would like to extend space station operations to at least 2024. According to the Financial Times Russia believes that its withdraw from the space station will make this impossible. In effect Russia will have evicted the United States from the orbiting space lab that it provided the lion?s share of money and resources to build and maintain.

Russia has been showing signs of divorcing its space program from the United States ever since the Ukraine crisis started. Recently it announced serious plans to build a lunar base starting in 2030. This is seen as a poke in the eye of the United States as well, as NASA has abandoned lunar exploration by presidential directive. ...

The Russian moves highlight American vulnerabilities in space, thanks largely to policies initiated by President Clinton, President George W. Bush, and President Obama, Clinton first brought Russia on as a partner in the space station project. Bush ended the space shuttle program to pay for Project Constellation, opening a ?space flight gap? between the last shuttle flight and the first flight of the shuttle successor that had to be filled with rides on the Russian Soyuz. Obama widened that gap by cancelling Constellation and starting to pay subsidies to build private sector operated spacecraft.

------------

Given NASA's meager budget Whittington report's our options are fairly limited.

What are the laws of abandoned property in space? Are they similar to those for the laws of the oceans such that abandoned ships may be claimed for salvage? Wouldn't be an "extra poke in the eye' if the Russians claimed the International Space Station as abandoned salvage and repainted it with a bright red cycle and star?

Dang, this international diplomacy is complicated and fraught with unintended side-effects. I haven't seen a reaction from the U.S. yet.

Who would have thought the Russians would have pulled this New Jersey trick on us? "Hey, that's a nice space station ya got there America, what a shame if something was to happen to it."

Maybe having the Russians rub our noses in the mud will make the Republicans angry enough they will discover a new found love of science and boost the budget for NASA so we can launch military satellites and get back into space.

And, what is this whole Russian lunar colony in 2030? Shouldn't we build a bigger one so we can say, " Say, that's a nice lunar base you got there Russia, what a shame if something was to happen to it." Then we can start planning for a Mars base in 2060.

HomeGuy

Well hell HomoGay, our Affirmative Action President has done his best to destroy NASA and our military. Perhaps in a few years we can get someone who has some brains into The Oval Office. Lets see, we put an ostensibly Black guy in The White House, now it's a woman's turn. Hey I know, lets vote for a Black woman as President. My vote is for Condoleezza Rice, one of the smartest people to ever serve The U.S. Government in Washington D.C. ^__^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Checking in with that great country Canada. You have any ability to launch a man into space? A satellite maybe? Built a space station yet? Space shuttle maybe? You been to the moon yet? I hear it's nice.

I guess you do at least have some astronauts:

"The Canadian Astronaut Corps is a unit of the Canadian Space Agency (CSA) that selects, trains, and provides astronauts as crew members for U.S. and Russian space missions.[1] The Canadian Space Agency was established in 198

9."

Nice job HomelessGuy.

Reply to
trader_4

I do believe my Canadian cousins built the big robotic arm for the space station. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas