Routing ABS

I want to cut a 3/4" slot in an ABS end cap, but I was concerned that it might shatter. Second problem is how to hold it straight while cutting the slot. A dado is another option if that would work better.

Ideas?

Reply to
Bill Stock

Stick the cap on a length of pipe to hold it. Hold in a vise or similar. Then make a couple of cuts by hand with a hacksaw or even a wood saw.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Thanks, that was my first thought, just seemed too low tech. :-)

Reply to
Bill Stock

ABS ??? As in Abs, buns and thighs ? or what?

Reply to
boo

Table saw

Reply to