roof repair suggestions

I was so going to go there, but choose not to. Good on you!

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Interesting. I have relatives who live in Lower Bucks County -- Northampton Township. I was just there yesterday. They had a new roof put on about 10 days ago -- a complete tear-off and a whole new roof with architectural shingles etc; required some plywood decking replacement in a few areas. I think the whole job was about $12,000 but apparently homeowner's insurance paid for most of it -- about 80%. A neighbor of theirs supposedly noticed shingles off due to wind damage etc. and knew a public adjuster would filed an insurance claim for them. Then they got the insurance settlement money and hired a roofer to do the new roof replacement.

This, of course, is not the scenario that you have, but based on your description of your location it sounds like it may be near where you are located.

Reply to
TomR

Thanks for the update. I watched the video, and I thought that it was helpful and it did give one option for a way to deal with your situation and your interest in seeing if you could resolve it with little expense and some DIY efforts. Unlike others here, I think that what you did was worth a try based on everything you wrote so far.

On the question of adding granules, you may not need to since the roof appears to be black so the black roofing cement that you used probably looks okay enough where it shows.

I do have a contractor friend who knows a lot about roofing and who doesn't charge a lot. I have used him for replacing shingles and other types of roof repairs and he basically just charges for his time plus the cost of materials. But, it sounds like you may have solved your problem for now and you can wait and see if you need to deal with it again in the future using a different approach. If it does turn out that you need to replace a section of shingles to fix the problem, it looks like you could probably get replacement shingles that will match fairly well (except for the fade factor) since your roof looks like it is a standard black color.

Good luck. Hope what you did works.

Reply to
TomR