ROOF PROBLEM

I have spots of mold on different sections of my roof. Some were in spots that were not touched by the sun I can understand thoes , But now they are appearing all over the roof . Is this a problem? And how do i get rid of them?

Thanks

Reply to
Me

Like any mold, once it gets a hold in an area it is difficult to get rid of, and spreads easily, even to areas that may be sub drenched. It usually grows on damp rotting vegetation. (pine needles, leaves, etc) But it also helps when the roofing is older and breaking down itself.] Sounds like it might be time for a new roof.

Dave

Reply to
David Babcock

It isn't. Roof mold is a very common problem, especially in southern climes. It can be killed with a mild mixture of bleach and water and can be prevented with copper or zinc strips attached to the roof. This topic has been covered here before. You may want to do a search on it. Your roof may need replacement, but it is not because of mold.

Reply to
thunder