Fridge Noise

I have an old refrigerator that has started making a noise when it's running. I have replaced the freezer fan and also tested the fridge without the freezer fan running (no difference). I have checked the condenser fan; it's fine. I have checked the compressor and that is fine too (I have listened to it with a stethoscope and it just purrs). The noise seems to come from the back inside of the refrigerator but it is not related to any of the components I have mentioned.

Any ideas? Could it be a partially blocked refrigerant line?

Thanks,

Vic

Reply to
Victor & Toni Jo Friedmann

I'm thinking defrost timer. Only thing left.

Reply to
Stormin Mormonn

Hi,

Make, model#, approx age, frost free, cycle defrost??

What type of a noise...ticking, screeching, chirping?

Icemaker, icemaker fill valve, defrost timer, defrost hot gas solenoid ( only on very old fridges ) are some other common noise trouble makers. Refrigeration system/tubing -normally- won't make noises.

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff

i had/still have a old Whirlpool ref.. now its in the garage and used as a spare for all the softdrinks and frozen foods we have... anyway it would make noises sounded like an arc welder at times... well it finally blew a fuse during the night.... the next night same think... then again.. the noise was getting pretty bad... tool all the inside of the freezer out and found that the defrost coil was making contact with the inside back of the ref.. and it was like an electric welder..... short or break in the defrost coil... replaced it and no more problems

Reply to
jim

Yes, it was the defrost times. Thanks.

Vic