ROOF COATING

We've just moved to the SouthWest, and I see how hot the sun can get.

We've got a mobile home with tan shingles. Without A/C on, it's like an oven.

Could I coat the shingles with this white glop ( sealer? )

Can it be used over shingles ?

Would I see any improvement in house temps ?

Reply to
Anonymous

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 07:22:27 -0700, "" scribbled this interesting note:

I wouldn't recommend it.

John Willis

There are several coatings made for application over shingles. Snow coat is the one I used. It takes two coats to get it white.

You might see some help in the house. Certainly not above 100 F which it is almost every day now.

The stuff is not cheap like $15 a gallon. Verify that the product that your going to use is recommended for your type of shingles.

Reply to
SQLit

sealer? )

shingles. Snow coat is

100 F which it is

product that your

There's also a silver color, costs a little more, but is better at reflecting the direct rays of the sun.

Reply to
Pop Rivet

For a while. Then it turns black from the pollution.

Then you power-wash it and it's okay again.

Then it turns black...

(literally, rinse and repeat)

Reply to
JerryMouse