Right size and place for the central A/C filter

Hi,

I have two spots where I can place the A/C filter. My intake openening is 20"x30".

However, that only leads to 20"x30"x15" box from which the 20"x15" chute that goes to the unit comes off. So I can either use a 20"x30" filter right at the opening or at 20"x15" filter right in front of the chute that goes to the unit.

What's the better filter size and location to use?

Many thanks in advance!

Sam

Reply to
Sam Takoy

The larger the filter area the better. I'd go with the 20x30.

Reply to
HeyBub

"Sam Takoy" wrote

Larger filter has more surface area and will last longer between changing.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Use a pleated air filter, they have more surface area.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

not only that, the large filters cost the same as smaller filters, so you get longer life for the same $$$

Reply to
hrhofmann