RIDGID Lifetime warranty on power tools

Umm, the more likely scenario: Your $200 Rigid drill fails in 6 months and the warrantee turns out to be not worth the paper its printed on. If your lucky Home depot offers you 50 cents on the dollar for a dewalt replacement.

It always amazes me that people think they can get something for nothing. Why do you think Hundai (spelling?) offers 100K mile warrantee? Must be because they're better made then Honda/Chevy/Toyota/Chrysler who offer lesser warrantees....

Reply to
Zaf

I will....have been using an inverter, and just ordered one of the Multi-Bay chargers...the one that has the 3 bays for batterys, and the 45 min recharge and the 4 hour recondition feature.. Looking Monday at a new set of the compact drill line...some 12 or 14s to have around for the tighter work..from the specs on the 14.4, (0612-22, rated at 390 inch lbs) I think its worth getting. Plus, its got that new belt clip setup that would be REal handy.

Reply to
CBhvac

Ridgid seems to have a good product and the warranty is 3 yrs for tools purchased in 04

Reply to
m Ransley

You die and your spouse tries to collect on your life insurance and she finds out that is not worth the paper it was printed on

DUH

Just because you bought a Black and Decker...I mean DeWalt drill that has only 1 year warranty, and now drills are offered with lifetime warranties..

I'd like to see your face when you saw the lifetime warranties on the power tools THAT YOU BOUGHT INSTEAD !

heheh

wrote in

themselves..Bosch

Reply to
Keith Ross

Actually its called marketing. Nothing more than that

And it works

Look at Hyundai, they are fastest growing car company in the world attempting to get into the highly competitive car manufacturing field. Competing with GM/Ford/Chrysler/Nissan/Toyota/BMW/Mitsubishi etc.... And its working

Sue

wrote in

themselves..Bosch

Reply to
Sue

Well, I resisted reply until I went to buy a jigsaw, and I checked out Ridgid brand at Home Depot. My first impression was that the quality was only fair to OK, on par with Ryobi/Skill. Overall the construction quality did not seem up to snuff with Milwaukee or Bosch. I noticed on the drills, the Ridgid chuck was plated while others appeared cast, you could see the plating starting to chip on the edges of the Ridgid, I see this frequently in Chinese made stuff, they tend to cut corners here too much. Bosch is well regarded as having either the best or one of the top two jigsaws and was $10 less then the Rigid. Guess which one I bought? I'll give you a hint; I have'nt a clue what the warrantee is on it....

I spoke to a friend who is a contractor, and he said Ridgid makes good plumbing tools, he did'nt even know they made power tools. Do a few searches on google/groups and the web and see what you find, particularly in rec.woodworking. I won't bother to rehash all that was said about them, but be aware, seeing as this brand has been bouncing around in manufacturers, what was true a few years ago may not be true today. A smile cracked on my face when I thought back to the Ryobi like quality and stumbled on this:

The comment about Hundai was right on, the warrantee is a marketing thing, and it will get some people to try one, but to sustain a loyal customer base, they better not be honoring the warrantee too often. It is also much easier to grow when you are small, so don't kid yourself by thinking Hundai will surpass GM in gross sales anytime soon.

Finally to Kieth, try to grow up a little. You may think the most important aspect of a purchase is the warrantee, I do not. I am not willing to pay more for a long warrantee, if a product does not meet my expectations, I will not be a happy customer, even if it replaced under warrantee.

Reply to
Zaf

replying to KL, bbuettell wrote: This is what I bought and have had all of my batteries replaced at least twice. Each time became more and more difficult to get them to honor the warranty. This past weekend 12/10/16 Home Depot and Ridgid refused to honor the warranty. Time for a small claims action.

Reply to
bbuettell

They will find some way to wiggle out of it........

Reply to
clare

What was their stated reason for not honoring the warranty?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Per Zaf:

Dunno about 2017, but in they past they have had pretty good calendars:

.... -)

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)