RFID credit/debit cards

Nah, just punch out the guy that decided to put the RFID chips in the cards.

Reply to
willshak

RFID anything is good to avoid... and difficult to do these days. They're everywhere, even molded into tires, shoe soles and anywhere else imaginable.

A while back, VISA gave me an RFID card, I called and asked them to re-issue it with an RFID free replacement, and they did so. Don't know if they'll still so, or about other companies, but it's sure worth asking.

Here's some more on RFID... there is a lot more just on Wikipedia alone, but I don't have time at the moment to search it out.

Erik

PS, I once thought I was mistaken, but it turns out I was wrong. :)

Reply to
Erik

As I wrote, the European systems has security built in. Credit card fraud is much lower in Europe.

When the European style credit cards are in use here you may have trouble finding someone who will take a mag-stripe one.

A couple references with a minimal google search:

bud--

There is no information on that hologram. Adding unique holograms would be rather expensive.

Because it works (inertia).

Reply to
krw
6:55 snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote

"Because it works (Inertia)."

Oh really????

Take one audio cassette. Play it back on a decent deck. Remove the magn etic tape from the shell. Place it in your pants pocket and go about you r day. At night, reload the tape into the shell and play that cassette ove r the deck and see if it sounds as good as it did in the morning.

Now you know what happens to magnetic strips on the backs of cards in MY wa llet. ;)

Reply to
thekmanrocks

I contacted my credit card company and asked for a card without the chip. They cheerfully complied.

Reply to
cjt

Nonsense. Cards have used high coersivity material for years - nothing like the the tape in your cassettes. Much more difficult to erase with stray magnetism.

Reply to
Pat

___

How do you think you'd function if someone scraped your face with low-grit sandpaper for hours?

Now do you get it?

A wallet is a very hostile place for magnetic strips.

Reply to
thekmanrocks

Buy a less abrasive wallet. My cards all last through expiration, I carry them in a card carrier / money clip made by Coach. See:

Lab Lover

Clueless.

It must be your personality. Obviously this is a rare occurrence.

Reply to
krw

Right. I just slide them in my wallet, haphazardly. They're stuffed in three or four to a "compartment". I have had maybe two fail in forty years. None in the last decade.

Reply to
krw

Cruel...... :-)

Reply to
Lab Lover

Truth. (though not a null intersection)

Reply to
krw

"Right. I just slide them in my wallet, haphazardly. They're stuffed in three or four to a "compartment". "

Same here.

"I have had maybe two fail in forty years. None in the last decade. "

You're lucky. Often I must swipe a second or third time per the cashier because of inability to read my cards.

The point is, it's 20friggn14! Mag-strips on credit/debit were invented during Vietnam. Time for them to go.

Reply to
thekmanrocks

Try swiping the card from bottom to top. This usually works for mine. Also may put in plastic bag segment and swipe. This weakens an overly strong and noisy card

Reply to
Mr.E

Dr.Ivan sell dumps (infromation from magnetic strips of credit and debit cards):

Minimal order 5pcs from now of a 1 bin only (not allowed 2 dumps from 1 bin, 1 from another and 2 from 3rd).

Payment methods BitCoin / 10% fee (we are using btc-e weighted average rate to convert USD in BTC) / no minimum WesternUnion, MoneyGram / 10% fee / 500$ minimum per transaction WebMoney no mimimum PerfectMoney is not accepted

Prices USA: Classic:20$ Gold:30$ Platinum and others:35$; AmEx: 40$; Disco: 30$

EU, ASIA 201: Classic:

65$ Gold:80$ Platinum and others:95$ AmEx 80$ Others 80$

EU, ASIA 101: Classic:85$ Gold:110$ Platinum and others:120$; AmEx 80$ Others 80$

Popular bins are always more expensive then usual ones.

Replace policy No replace codes: APPROVAL 00; DECLINE 51; CALL 01 Declined CITIBANK dumps NO REPLACE Dumps from update NO REPLACE EU, ASIA dumps NO REPLACE Too many complaints means we will check bins validity and if you lie NO REPLACE

You should know You pay UPFRONT always NO TESTS NOTHING FREE! We sell ONLY DUMPS track1+track2 and track2 and NOTHING ELSE You pay order cost ALWAYS UPFRONT. No delivery until payment is completed No advices and about dumps Service rules can be changed at any moment w/o customers notifications

For conact use icq: 10296

email: snipped-for-privacy@safe-mail.net

Reply to
idr96763

Well THAT effective shuts down THIS thread!

smdh...

Reply to
thekmanrocks

Well THAT effectively shuts down THIS thread!

smdh...

Reply to
thekmanrocks

Because you said so? You really are clueless.

Reply to
krw

So you approve of THIS(beginning with) "Dr.Ivan sell dumps (infromation from magnetic strips of credit and debit cards):

Minimal order 5pcs from now of a 1 bin only (not allowed 2 dumps from 1 bin, 1 from another and 2 from 3rd). ...."

Being on here?! It's called S P A M .

I think you oughta look in the mirror before calling someone else clueless..

Reply to
thekmanrocks