Rewards of DIY repairs.....

Son has old gas clothes dryer that came with the house. Squeek and rattle, but it works and lives in the basement. He spent about $20 for a repair kit .. new belt and whatever .. Took off the front of the cabinet, lo and behold, a pile of coins in bottom of cabinet. About $8.00 in change recovered. No more squeek or rattle :o)

Reply to
Norminn

Correction: He really spent about $12 after the successful repair.

Reply to
Doug

:-) The belt broke on ours a few weeks ago - $5 via Amazon, shipping was free, and I found $4.xx in coins kicking around in the bottom of the dryer anyway.

The only downside was that I wasted a couple of gallons in gas trying to find somewhere local to buy one from before I gave up and ordered online :-(

cheers

Jules

Reply to
Jules Richardson