Returns Memories

Returned an electric junction box, still wrapped in the original clear shrink plastic, to Lowes a couple days ago. Asked if I paid cash or charge, I thought so she could look up if I bought it there if it was charged. But no, it was so she could give me the money back in cash if I said I paid cash. A little over 5 dollars, but the good part, asked for a receipt, but I didnt' have one. Still took it back. Still gave me cash. Bought it at least 2 years ago.

HD would have given me a "money card".

Had a small fight at Pep Boys once when they wouldn't let me return a dollar item because it had been too long. Turns out they'd let me exchange it, which I included in "return it".

But learned that Walmart gives you 90 days and after that, you can't return or exchange it or anything. You're stuck.

And returned two sink stoppers to ACE today. With receipt, no complaining by them but had to wait while the guy filled a form out by hand.

HD has sink stoppers every quarter inch, 1 1/8, 1 3/8, 1 5/8. ACE has them every eighth of an inch in that range. And the one that fit my sink wasn't sold at HD.

Oh, and the ACE stoppers are solid , not hollow on the bottom. (shaped like an upside down cake pan.)

I think the last time I saw a solid rubber stopper for a utility sink, I was 10 years old, and every time I look at this stopper, I'm 8 years old again, in the basement standing in front of the big stone or cement double sink, and my mother is upstairs. It's eerie. They talk a lot about songs and smells bringing back memories, but for a mechanical guy like me, it's a solid stopper instead of a hollow one that brings one back over and over.

Reply to
micky