Returned Comfort Furnace

I just returned a Comfort Furnace (similar to Eden Pure) after 40 days of trial. It provided good (but expensive) heat while the weather was just cool (40s). When it got real cold, I had to run the furnace a lot to stay warm. The thing is just too "wimpy" to be useful.

---MIKE---

>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire >> (44=B0 15' N - Elevation 1580')
Reply to
---MIKE---

New Hampshire

Let us know when the refund arrives...if it does. And consider a subscription to Consumer Reports to avoid getting involved in more disappointing products.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

Not a problem. I returned it to the Tractor Supply store where I bought it. They credited my credit card on the spot.

---MIKE---

Reply to
---MIKE---

Especially when the dockside price from China is what? $17, $20? Maybe less. Sad.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

They must add the copper ionization here. It adds a lot of value, nobody would pay $500 without it. Just the comfort of knowing your copper ionization is being enhanced is worth something!

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Thies

New Hampshire

well, pretty much anything you plug into the wall is not going to be able to produce more than about 1500W of heat, no matter what. Unless it's a heat pump.

nate

Reply to
N8N

New Hampshire

So, how good or bad was it? Why did you take it back? What was you trying to heat?

I thought about getting one for my shop. It don't have to heat it to

72 degrees, but 55 degrees would be fine. I would only use it at most a few hours a day. My shop is insulated well, but it is 1200 sq. ft.

Hank

Reply to
Hank

Hank asked:

When the temps were "cool" (40s) it seemed to work well. When it got cold, I had to run the furnace or propane heater to keep comfortable. The room is 22 feet X 30 feet with an 18 foot cathedral ceiling. Combining the cost of electricity with oil and propane made it cost more to use the comfort furnace. The Comfort Furnace is a clone of the Eden Pure and uses infra-red bulbs and a quiet blower. It uses 1500 watts (verified with a KillAWatt meter.

---MIKE---

Reply to
---MIKE---

New Hampshire

Thanks for the info. The high ceilings make a huge difference for sure. They claim it wil heat 100 sq. ft., I assume they mean with 8 ft. ceilings which is 8000 cu ft. Your room was approx. the same cu ft. ....just higher. :-)

Hank

Reply to
Hank