Replacing Sensor in Yard Lamp Post

Hi Group,

I'm looking for information on replacing the light/dark sensor in my yard lamp post. I googled the subject but, no joy. The sensor is very small, just a shade bigger than the diameter of a pencil eraser.

Can anyone explain to me how to replace this sensor?

Reply to
Deerfoot

There are several varieties of these photocontrols. Some are installed through a small hole in the post, from the inside. This type has a lock nut threaded around the part sticking through the post, and can be replaced by first removing the fixture, then disconnecting the 3 wires from the sensor. There are other types that are built into a removable section of the post, and some that are fitted into a surface mounted molded piece of plastic and screwed onto the post from the outside

Reply to
RBM